Regardless of what actions you take, do you find yourself stuck in a hamster wheel rather than making any forward progress? Life can certainly throw curveballs and stick us where it hurts, but we do not have to stay stuck in this state of being.
If life is overwhelming for you right now, here are some effective ways to safeguard your well-being and happiness.
There is no wrong way to move, my friend! When you move your body in any way, you increase blood flow and energy. This creates an instant mood boost and mental reset.
I suggest you move for 10 minutes or more per day! You pick the movement.
Some ideas include:
- Go for a walk
- Turn on some jams and dance around in your living room
- Workout at home – check out some fun ideas
- Take a group fitness class
- Yoga – Try this free flow!
If you aren’t used to slowing down, this can be uncomfortable at first, but it’s the key to self-acceptance. Practicing meditation can and will allow you to actually listen to what is going on in your body and mind.
When practiced regularly, you will find a new sense of love, acceptance, awareness, and non-judgment. This is everything when you feel like throwing in the towel. You will be aware of the current state you are in, but understand that it is not permanent and that you are not your feelings.
A few options to get started with meditation:
- Set a 5 minute timer, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and simply be.
- Try this Morning Meditation
- Try this Evening Meditation
3. Connect with Someone
There is nothing more isolating than feeling like you want to give up. And there’s nothing that can pull you out of isolation faster than connecting with someone you care about/that cares about you.
- Call or text a friend or loved one to chat
- Ask for help or advice from someone you trust
- Make plans to get out of your house and go do something with someone
When we are so stuck in our overwhelm, connecting with other humans can help bring things back into perspective. You are supported.
4. Get Outside
Nature is truly the best medicine, and a change of scenery may be just what you need to reset and refocus. It is proven that nature calms our nervous system and helps us become more present.
Set an alarm, perhaps mid-day, and spend at least 10 minutes outside.
Some ideas include:
- Taking a walk
- Taking a bike ride
- Sitting at a park to read or listen to music
- Walk to and from the store (if you only need a few things)
- Sit on your porch or patio with tea or coffee
- Lay in the grass or walk on the beach to boost feelings of groundedness
5. Start Small
Oftentimes our to-dos feel so daunting that we don’t know where to start. Thinking of everything feels paralyzing, so we choose to do nothing.
Instead, start small.
- Sit down and make a list of things you want or need to accomplish today.
- Then, circle three things that are non-negotiable. These three are your priority.
- Complete these three tasks before doing any of the others.
Sometimes, simply making a list of things you need to accomplish is enough to settle your mind. You see it laid out and realize it’s not as daunting as your brain hyped it up to be.
8 Foods That Help You Live Longer
6 Ways To Make Your Hair Healthy Again
5 Diet Hacks To Help You Lose Weight
7 Healthy Hair Tips Every Girl Should Know
How To Get Glowing Skin Overnight
10 Kitchen Tips To Keep You Slim
8 Foods Every Dieter Should Eat
5 Spring Beauty Tips Every Girl Needs to Know
10 High Protein Foods that Are Good for Weight Loss
8 Common Mistakes In Relationships That You Can Avoid
Some links in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through them, we receive a small commission.