Taco Rice Bake – loaded with taco meat, beans, Rotel, cheese, and rice. It’s a full meal in one dish! We like to top the casserole with our favorite taco toppings – cheese, sour cream, jalapeños and guacamole! This a great change to our usual taco night!!
Taco meat, rice, and cheese baked to perfection! Can be served great on its own, in lettuce wraps, or your favorite type of taco shell! Garnish options are endless: including avocado, shredded lettuce, taco sauce, sour cream, beans, and more! A great dish for the whole family.
This Sour Cream Rice Bake is pure comfort food. It’s ridiculously easy to make, with just six ingredients. It takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. The flavor is somewhat mellow and the rice is super creamy.
Serve a deliciously flavorful rice casserole dish at dinnertime tonight! The whole family will love trying this cheesy Tex-Mex Beef & Rice Casserole.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, season the ground beef with taco seasoning and brown until cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together rice, cottage cheese, and sour cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Top with meat sauce and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
7 Easy Meditation Tips for Beginners
7 Tips To Help You Clear Your Mind
6 Everyday Habits That Ruin Your Looks
8 Beauty Mistakes That Will Really Age You
8 Healthy Foods That’ll Help You Stay Hydrated
9 Best Ways To Become An Optimistic Person
7 Weird Beauty Tricks That Really Work
10 Habits to Adopt Right Now for Seriously Healthy Hair
8 Tips For Eating Healthy on a Budget
7 Grilling Mistakes You Want To Avoid Making This Summer
Some links in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through them, we receive a small commission.